Content Creation Intern
Reports to: Campus757 Program Manager
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week); Temporary; Paid
Campus757, a Hampton Roads Workforce Council initiative, is the first such entity to develop a centralized hub connecting college students with employers and tastemakers throughout the region. We inform and guide students with programs and resources to launch their careers, establish a home base in Hampton Roads and leave a lasting impact in the community. Our mission is to work harmoniously with local universities and corporations to retain and develop young professionals in the Hampton Roads region. We are building a community in which students will excel professionally post-graduation by providing them access to career resources, internships, and job positions across industry sectors. We enlighten students with the region’s diverse social happenings so that they feel connected to the community and compelled to continue writing their story in Hampton Roads.
Campus757 is looking for a creator who can ideate compelling content and then breathe life into those ideas. Kurt Vonnegut once said, “Every sentence must do one of two things – reveal character or advance the action.” We need someone who can do just that! Help us make the 757 fall in love with our story and take action for our mission.
This position is ideal for upcoming college seniors or recent graduates and will require a firm understanding of the requirements below. This role is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced program and build a portfolio.
If you are remarkably creative, want to get your sleeves dirty, and want to have fun while doing it, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Research social media trends (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Conduct market research to help with growth
- Engage with our web communities
- Create content for our website, newsletters, blog, vlog, podcast, and social channels, which can include, but is not limited to:
- Creative ideating + planning
- Copy writing
- Graphic creation (Canva, Adobe Illustrator)
- Music selection (Instagram, Tik Tok)
- Taking and editing photos and videos / utilizing existing brand photos and videos
- Assisting with lighting and sound for video content
- Post web content and engage with users.
- Collaborate with the team to cultivate a strong understanding of the brand's voice and vision
- Work with Program Manager and Communications Coordinator to create a schedule that you can follow and deliver on
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or a recent college graduate
- In-depth knowledge of web-based content, social media best practices
- Excellent copywriting/editing skills
- Stellar communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work autonomously and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with a team
- Passion for content creation
- Submission of recent work
- Work in this role is typically completed in an office setting. There will be weekly travel within the region to gather photography and videography for content in the Greater Hampton Roads area. There will also be a need to attend Campus757 events within the region
- Paid internship opportunity; $12/ hour
- Ability to build a strong portfolio and help launch an initiative with a well-established local government authority
- Exposure to incredible local branding and website design partners
- Enrollment and paid tuition for soft skills training and strengths-based assessment and training
- Be part of a lean, efficient, high-autonomy, high-accountability team
Session: Fall; 10 weeks
Start Date: Monday, September 13, 2021
End Date: Friday, November 19, 2021
Location: Based at 999 Waterside Drive, Suite 1310, Norfolk, VA 23510
How to apply
To be considered, please send:
a) your résumé
b) portfolio and/or links to any relevant work. Please include any relevant copy, graphic creations, photography, videography, editing, etc.
c) a brief cover letter or email telling us a little more about yourself. You can discuss why you want this role, why you think you’re a great fit, what you want to learn, or what you hope to contribute. We know that resumes don’t always tell the whole story. Feel free to get creative but know that there’s no pressure. We just want to know you!
d) a copy of any requirements if this internship is needed for graduation
e) If selected for an interview, you will need to provide contact info for a reference, but don’t worry we will give you guidance on who you can ask for this!
to Maegan Barnes, Campus757 Program Manager at: email@example.com
*SUBJECT LINE: Content Creation Intern Fall 2021
Application Deadline: August 20, 2021