Campus Relations Intern
Reports to: Campus757 Program Manager
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week); Temporary; Paid
Campus757, a Hampton Roads Workforce Council initiative, is the first such entity to develop a centralized hub connecting college students with employers and tastemakers throughout the region. We inform and guide students with programs and resources to launch their careers, establish a home base in Hampton Roads and leave a lasting impact in the community. Our mission is to work harmoniously with local universities and corporations to retain and develop young professionals in the Hampton Roads region. We are building a community in which students will excel professionally post-graduation by providing them access to career resources, internships, and job positions across industry sectors. We enlighten students with the region’s diverse social happenings so that they feel connected to the community and compelled to continue writing their story in Hampton Roads.
Campus757 is looking for a connector who can create and maintain relationships with our higher education partners and students. Help us make students and campus employees in the 757 fall in love with our story and take action for our mission.
This position is ideal for upcoming college seniors or recent graduates and will require a firm understanding of the requirements below. This role is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced program and build a professional network.
If you are outgoing, always ready for your next audience, understand the art of the pivot, want to get your sleeves dirty, and have fun while doing it, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
Relationship Building & Management:
- Maintain relationships with higher education institutional partners and meet with potential new partners: approximately 1-2 schools per week.
- Function as secondary Campus757 contact for all institutions in region, using in-person, video, phone, and email interaction
- Strategize with Program Manager and Business Intelligence Analyst to help plan and implement an annual regional strategy for achieving goals
- Assist in developing university specific strategies to meet school needs and grow enrollments (curriculum mapping, custom program development, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date CRM database of institutional contacts and all activities related to institutions
- Assist in representing Campus757 at student orientations, career services fairs, and other student-facing campus events at institutions in region
- Assist in maintaining visit calendar and track student interactions and recruitment success at each event
- Assist in organizing and participating in other on-campus promotional efforts and applicant nurturing, including possibly presenting to classes and student organizations, and hosting advising sessions with students
- Collaborate on campus strategy, marketing, and recruitment of faculty-led and customized programs
- Work with Program Manager and Program Coordinator to create a schedule that you can follow and deliver on
- Respond thoroughly and in a timely manner to all questions, issues, problems, and/or needs of students, advisors, faculty, parents, colleagues, etc.
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or a recent college graduate
- Excellent copywriting/editing skills
- Stellar communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work autonomously and consistently follow-up and follow through
- Ability to work well with a team
- Passion for developing relationships and a high level of comfort speaking and presenting in front of various audiences
- Work in this role is typically completed in an office setting. There will be weekly travel within the region to college campuses in the Greater Hampton Roads area. There will also be a need to attend Campus757 events within the region
- Paid internship opportunity; $12/ hour
- Ability to build a strong professional network and help launch an initiative with a well-established local government authority
- Exposure to incredible local partners
- Enrollment and paid tuition for soft skills training and strengths-based assessment and training
- Be part of a lean, efficient, high-autonomy, high-accountability team
Session: Fall; 10 weeks
Start Date: Monday, September 13, 2021
End Date: Friday, November 19, 2021
Location: Based at 999 Waterside Drive, Suite 1310, Norfolk, VA 23510
How to apply
To be considered, please send:
a) your résumé
b) a brief cover letter or email telling us a little more about yourself. You can discuss why you want this role, why you think you’re a great fit, what you want to learn, or what you hope to contribute. We know that resumes don’t always tell the whole story. Feel free to get creative but know that there’s no pressure. We just want to know you!
c) a copy of any requirements if this internship is needed for graduation
d) If selected for an interview, you will need to provide contact info for a reference, but don’t worry we will give you guidance on who you can ask for this!
to Maegan Barnes, Campus757 Program Manager at: email@example.com
*SUBJECT LINE: Campus Relations Intern Fall 2021